Today’s passage: Psalm 27
- God is more powerful than any man or anything mankind can accomplish.
- David was more excited to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to learn about God than he ever was about being rescued from his difficulties.
- The eager expectation of being with God after his death fueled David’s obedience during the hardships of life.
Questions to consider:
- Why are we tempted sometimes to love the gifts more than the Gift-Giver (God)?
- What is the greatest gift that God is giving to His children?
- How does pondering this truth and all that there is to learn about God (His attributes, His holiness, His love-especially as displayed in the Gospel, etc.) help us to live the life He has called us to in this world?