Today’s passage: Psalm 28
- Without God, without His revealed Word, we are helpless and hopeless.
- Sin must be and will be judged by the Lord.
- The salvation of God’s people does not come from their good deeds (Being different/better than those who receive judgment), it is from the Lord.
- He gives mercy.
- He is our strength.
- He is our saving refuge.
Questions to consider:
- How did God become our saving refuge? How was sin judged for those who are His people? (What is the Gospel?)
- What is the sin that David points to as being the ultimate reason why sinners must be judged? What does verse 5 point to specifically?
- What more does God do than simply save us from judgment? What does verse 9 teach us? How long will God be these things to His people?