Today’s passage: Psalm 29
- Glory is due to the Lord. It is right for us to worship Him. We could not worship Him more than He deserves.
- The power displayed in the events of nature/creation depicted in this Psalm pail in comparison to the full extent of power God possesses.
- If it seems strange to see God’s voice bringing about all these things, remember, God spoke the universe into existence.
Questions to consider:
- What ways of thinking, philosophies, common cultural norms, prevent us from seeing the beauty and power of God on display in everyday life? How should science be reinforcing and increasing our awe of God instead of turning us away from Him?
- Whose common grace is being enjoyed and utilized by the people of this world even to actively reject God and encourage others to do so as well?
- How do these truths make it even more imperative for people to repent and worship the Lord? How should these truths help us as we consider our plans for the day?