Today’s passage: Matthew 26:47-56
- Jesus knew the crowd was coming to seize Him (See verse 46).
- Jesus was able to evade their attempt to capture Him if He wanted.
- It certainly appears that the only person who understood what was happening that night was Jesus.
- The crowd thought they needed the cover of night, clubs and swords.
- Peter thought they should fight.
- Judas thought devising a plan would ensure success.
- The disciples thought Jesus’ had been defeated and fled.
Questions to consider:
- Who was in control that night?
- Why did the disciples flee and abandon Jesus? Why would it be foolish for us to look down on them for their response? Have there been times you froze, remained silent, abandoned Jesus in your life?
- What is true about Jesus that gives you the confidence to faithfully identify with Him? How does His control and willingness to fulfill God’s will through these hours and to the cross give you confidence?