Today’s passage: 1 Corinthians 1:4-9
- Paul introduces some of the content this letter will cover:
- Speech (Verse 5)
- Knowledge (Verse 5)
- Spiritual Gifts (Verse 7)
- Speech, knowledge and gifts were utilized by God’s grace to win these people to Christ.
- Speech, knowledge and gifts were given by God’s grace to these new believers to carry on the mission.
- Our faithful God promises to sustain His people to the very end.
- Our merciful God promises to count us guiltless at the judgment.
Questions to consider:
- How has God used the gifting of speech and knowledge in others to bless you with knowledge to know Christ and His Word? Why is it right to acknowledge God as the one who gifted those people, and us, with these blessings?
- Though the people in the church in Corinth had been “enriched,” who is the One who appears to be doing all the heavy lifting in these verses (And into eternity)?
- How was the grace of God given to us “in Christ?” What was the cost (To Him) of God’s grace so that we could receive that grace and salvation freely? How does this knowledge reorient our view of what we live for, who the church is for, etc.?