Today’s passage: 1 Peter 3:8-17
- Do good to people, even if they aren’t good to you.
- If you want to live a life free from fighting and animosity, pursue peace, kindness and righteousness. This could be especially applicable in our day in regards to social media and comment sections on news sites.
- Three keys to being a good witness:
- Christ should be set apart and revered above everything else in our lives.
- We should be ready and able to give a defense of our faith.
- We should give that defense with gentleness and respect.
Questions to consider:
- How does our desire and effort to do good to others, regardless of how we are treated, free us up to enjoy life? How does that lifestyle mimic Christ?
- What motivates us to be rude with others during discussions (Religious, Political, etc.)?
- Is it more important for me to have freedom on this earth and avoid all persecution, or to give another what they need to know to have eternal freedom/life?
- Why does set Christ apart from and above everything matter so much? If Jesus isn’t the most important person to me, how will that effect my responses and actions when other pressures/temptations come?