Today’s passage: Isaiah 44
- Every “little ‘g’ god” in this world is the invention of man. There is only one God who truly exists.
- False gods are invented in order to be a benefit to their inventors. But they do not profit their inventors.
- The only true “profit” for the idolater is the lie that they could successfully reject the true God…they’re blinded.
- Though we all would be liars and idolaters, the Lord has:
- Opened our blind eyes.
- Blotted out our transgressions.
- Redeemed us.
Questions to consider:
- What “profits” do we hope to receive through idolatry? What are the things we tend to want more than what God gives? What do these “profits” result in?
- What parts does God play in our existence and life? When anyone would think that false gods (Or no God at all) are acting, what error have we made? Does it ever profit us to go elsewhere or to prefer a Godless moment?
- Who is our Redeemer? What did He redeem us from?