Today’s passage: Luke 9:28-36
- On the heels of the disciples hearing Jesus speak of His coming rejection, death and resurrection, these three disciples got to see the kingdom of God in Christ’s glory.
- God used Moses and Elijah to speak to Jesus in the presence of Peter, James and John about what was to come. They had just heard it from Jesus. Now they heard it (Unless they were still sleeping!) from these prophets in the presence of the glorified Christ.
- If that wasn’t enough, God the Father confirmed the identity of Christ Himself.
Questions to consider:
- Unless Moses and Elijah were wearing name tags, what might Peter’s ability to identify them mean for our knowledge of people in eternity?
- What was so upside down and inside out about Peter’s suggestion? Was Jesus lucky to have Peter and the disciples there? Is THAT why that was a big moment? Who was receiving the gift? When we praise Jesus and give Him our all in obedience, is that a generous kindness we are showing Him or is that what He is due?
- What command did God give after identifying Christ? Are there any “tents” that you have built to have a sense of doing things for Jesus (Your own way) that have distracted you from simply listening and obeying Him?