Today’s passage: Matthew 12:15-21
- Jesus was aware of the Pharisees’ plotting. He is omniscient.
- Verses 18-21 are from Isaiah 42:1-3.
- Two main takeaways from the prophecy:
- Jesus was God’s servant.
- Jesus withdrew as opposed to being on the offensive. He did not try to persuade the Pharisees to not “destroy” Him. He did not quench the smoldering wick.
Questions to consider:
- What was Jesus’ ultimate service to God and for us?
- Whose servant are we?
- In what ways would it be right to have the same mindset and approach as Jesus when we face opposition?