Today’s passage: Psalm 40
- Nothing else we might put our trust in comes close to the faithfulness and power of God.
- We must trust Him when evils come from without…
- Proclaiming the goodness of God to others is the opposite of actively concealing it according to David.
- We need the gracious intervention of God to overcome our own sin.
- …and we must trust Him when evils come from within.
Questions to consider:
- How can we continually remind ourselves that God is superior to all of the things/people in this world (Including ourselves!) we would run to when there is trouble?
- Who would benefit from your willingness to share God’s goodness (Especially in the Gospel)? How could it also be encouraging and helpful to you if you shared?
- Why might we think that we can’t cry out to God in the midst of our sin? Do we need to “fix” ourselves before we talk to God? How does that thinking prevent us from succeeding in our repentance?