Today’s passage: Psalm 52
- This psalm was written Doeg the Edomite in mind. You can see what he did in 1 Samuel 22:6-23.
- God is the only place of refuge that is truly safe. Anything else we seek to find refuge in will ultimately hurt us.
- David waited on the Lord. He knew that his growth would not come through the destruction of others but by the steadfast love of the Lord. He was willing to remain in the “greenhouse” and allow God to raise him up at the proper time.
Questions to consider:
- How could Romans 12:14-21 give us guidance when people sin against us?
- Why do other means of “refuge” bring about destruction? What do we have to leave in order to find new means of safety? What has to be true of our thinking in order to decide there is better refuge to be had outside of God?
- How have you been growing in God’s “greenhouse”? What is He doing in your heart to make you more like Christ right now?