Today's passage: Psalm 64
- Mankind in his wickedness is convinced he is making progress and accomplishing something worthwhile, while he is bringing judgment on himself.
- God's judgment will seem as though it came suddenly, out of nowhere.
- The role of the righteous (Those who are in Christ by the grace of God) is to wait patiently and expectantly.
- No man or political party will ever be able to make everything right.
- God can… and will.
Questions to consider:
- Why is it so good and right to cry out to God when it looks like the wrong side is prevailing?
- When things aren't going well, what do I tend to rejoice in? Where do I tend to seek refuge? Whom do I desire to exult? If those things are not God, how effective have they been? Did they bring me joy? Were they worthy of exultation?
- When will God, once and for all, fulfill the hope of this psalm? How can you remember that we win, even when it looks like you are losing?