Today’s passage: Psalm 10
- In earlier copies of Scripture, Psalm 9 and Psalm 10 were considered one collective work.
- God’s patience and longsuffering are abused by the proud. They deny God’s existence simply because He does not act the way they think He should.
- God’s patience and longsuffering are confusing to those who forget who He is. He has not made any mistakes. He is merciful. We have benefited more from His mercy than we realize.
Questions to consider:
- How do the statements in this psalm resonate with the speculative question; How could a good God allow bad things to happen?
- How does David answer the above question in verse 14-18? What truth about God did he need to remember?
- Is there a hardship in your life that you need to entrust to the Lord as David did?