Today’s passage: Malachi 3:16-4:6
- Judgment is coming. Those who “fear the Lord and esteem His name” will be spared and counted as God’s treasured possession. Those who reject him will suffer.
- We see in today’s passage more prophecy concerning John the Baptist (Verses 5-6, Luke 1:17)
- “Healing” came to God’s people through substitutionary sacrifice (Isaiah 53:5).
Questions to consider:
- How are the sufferings of judgment and the life of the redeemed compared/contrasted in this passage? If a person were to decide this was inappropriate or unacceptable, what choice have they made?
- Who is the sun of righteousness, whose light will dispel the darkness and whose coming brought and will bring healing from our sin? (John 8:12)
- How does this short prophetic book set up a time of waiting before the coming of Jesus Christ? What thoughts and expectations could have been in the hearts of Israel?