Today’s passage: 2 Peter 3:1-7
- Peter writes about suffering/persecution and false prophets/teachers in the two epistles (1 & 2 Peter)…the answer and hope he gives in both? Exalt Jesus Christ and poor into His Word!
- We are not encouraged to fight back
- We are not encouraged to win arguments
- We are encouraged to look to Jesus and find Him in the written Word.
- Looking to Jesus and finding Him in the written Word will not fix the problems of persecution and false teachers. But, it will guard our hearts.
- Again, Peter reassures the reader, judgment is coming. We can not fix the problem…God can and will.
Questions to consider:
- Why is it so hard to not attack when we see wrong being done? Why is it right to withhold any offensive attacks?
- What would our contentment in knowing Jesus Christ and enjoying him in the midst of hardship show us about ourselves that would set us apart from those who are harming others?
- Should we look forward to the demise of enemies? What are we to look forward to most?