Today’s passage: 1 Peter 1:10-12
- The coming of the Messiah was not a new idea. The Old Testament points to Jesus.
- What the Old Testament prophets only looked forward to and imagined happened right before the Apostles’ eyes and now we look back in history, seeing all of God’s promises kept.
- The Holy Spirit is the agent of revelation, the preaching of the Gospel through the Word of God.
- The Lord’s angels have never experienced salvation from sin…they have not sinned. God’s work of grace in our lives fascinates them.
Questions to consider:
- How does the record of prophecies fulfilled and promises kept by God give you assurance and confidence?
- How did the Holy Spirit bring you the Word for salvation? How did you hear the Gospel message when you first believed?
- Are the angels fascinated with how amazing we are because we are Christians or how amazing God is because He saved us? How does that truth help us to remember to stay humble?