Today’s passage: Revelation 20:7-10
- Satan and all those who rebel against the Lord will be finally defeated.
- A prophecy against Gog and Magog can be found in Ezekiel 38-39.
- Amillennialists would view this battle as the same as that of chapter 19 (Armageddon). Premillennialists view this as a different battle (Armageddon just prior to the beginning of the millennial reign, this battle at the end).
- From the beginning of the Bible to the end, Satan is the great deceiver of mankind. His end will be torment, day and night, forever and ever in the lake of fire.
Questions to consider:
- How will the Lord’s foes be defeated in this passage? How were they defeated in 19:15? Why would this difference matter?
- What is Satan all about? What is his end? What is the end of all those who go with him? What is the end of those who refuse his deceptions and side with the truth (John 8:31-32, John 17:17)?
- How has Christ brought you to the victory side? Who can you be praying for and taking the gospel, that they might join the victory side today?